LLN (10/15/18) – The oil market has been all over the place lately. We find out where oil prices are headed from Tom Kloza of the Oil Price Information Service. Is your bobtail properly covered? OOIDA’s insurance experts Trina McIntyre and Stacey Sanders let us know. And what happens with hours of service now that the comment period has closed? Mike Matousek talks about what comes next.
0:00 – 10:11 – Newscast
10:11 – 24:41 – Where oil prices are headed
24:42 – 39:11 – Bobtail insurance
39:11 – 49:22 – Next on hours of service
- Starting Tuesday, Jon Osburn and OOIDA’s Tour Truck, the Spirit of the American Trucker, will be at the Petro in Scranton, Pa. That’s located at Exit 178B on Interstate 81. Stop in, say hi to Jon, and join OOIDA for a $10 discount. See the full Spirit Schedule.
The oil market has been all over the place lately, and some are saying we could see $100 a barrel oil before it’s all said and done. Terry Scruton talks with Tom Kloza, global head of energy analysis with the Oil Price Information Service, for a look at what we can expect.
Anybody in trucking knows what a bobtail is. However, what don’t you know? In some cases, you may need extra insurance coverage for it. Terry Scruton talks with Stacey Sanders and Trina McIntyre on Insurance Interchange.
- Find out more information about OOIDA’s Truck Insurance
- You can also call the insurance department directly at 800-715-9369.
- If you have a question about truck insurance you’d like answered on the air, you can call the Land Line Now Listener Comment Line at 800-324-6856.
The comment period on the FMCSA’s notice regarding possible changes to the hours of service has ended. So what happens next? Terry Scruton finds out with OOIDA’s Manager of Government Affairs Mike Matousek.
- It’s never too late to share your views with lawmakers. You can do that at FightingForTruckers.com.
- To call members of Congress, dial 202-224-3121.
- Read OOIDA’s Guide to Contacting Lawmakers.
- Related coverage: