Land Line Now, Nov. 27, 2019.
Click on the play button to hear our latest podcast.
Freight volume is setting records, and rates are rising in preparation for Black Friday. Also, the U.S. Senate speaks out about autonomous vehicles.
I. Today’s news with Terry Scruton
Here’s something to be thankful for: The biggest news in trucking today, all in one place.
II. Autonomous vehicles get more scrutiny
A U.S. Senate committee took a long, hard look at autonomous vehicles recently. We’ll fill you in on what they said and why it matters.
III. Black Friday freight earns high marks
Also on your “thankful for” list – the latest news on freight volume and rates as we head into Black Friday. And the national average price of diesel and crude oil prices are up. We’ll tell you how much, and why.
IV. East and West search for highway funding fix
Maine lawmakers look for ways to fix a possible $230 million highway funding shortfall, while Utah eyes a sales tax that could fund, among other things, transportation.
Subscribe to Land Line Now
Go to Land Line Now on the Bullhorn app, or the Bullhorn website’s Land Line Now page, and click on the follow button. Bullhorn lets you listen to our program without using limited data on your cell phone plan – by allowing you to listen through a phone call.
Links, email addresses, phone numbers and more information
- Take the Mid-America-Association of State Transportation Officials survey on truck parking issues here. The survey takes 10 minutes, and the deadline is Dec. 25.
- Get more information about the freight market.
- Keep up to date on fuel prices.
- To read about legislation in a particular state, visit Land Line Magazine’s Daily News By State.
- It’s never too late to share your views with lawmakers. You can do that on the Fighting for Truckers website.