Navy vet, mother of five wins Volvo VNL from Women in Trucking
March 26, 2018
LOUISVILLE, Ky. – The Mid-America Trucking Show is full of surprises. For one truck driver, that’s an understatement. On March 24, Women in Trucking gave away a 2014 Volvo VNL670 to one special trucker.
Tiffany Hanna, driver and trainer at Prime, was awarded the Volvo truck by WIT CEO Ellen Voie and Arrow Truck Sales. Hanna, from St. Peters, Mo., is a U.S. Navy veteran and mother of five. Hanna has been driving for five years, but her exposure to trucking goes way back. Her mother was also a professional driver.
“The sky is the limit, but that’s for small dreamers,” Hanna said after being handed the keys to the Women in Trucking Volvo VNL.
A donation by Arrow Truck Sales, the 2014 Volvo VNL has a bunch of bells and whistles from other company sponsors:
- ATBS: One year “RumbleStrip Essentials” financial services $700
- Belmor: Gift certificate: bug screen, winterfront, hood shield, side window deflector $560
- Blue Beacon Truck Washes: Blue Beacon tractor wash/Rain-x service each month $600+
- Citadel Fleet Safety: Citadel Kit and 24 months service $600
- Drivewyze: Lifetime subscription to Drivewyze Pre Clear Weigh Station Bypass Service (Value: unlimited)
- FlowBelow: Tractor AeroKit™ wheel fairings and wheel covers $2,135
- Michelin: 10 BF Goodrich tires $4,500
- National Truck Protection: One year/120k mile engine warranty $2,950; One year after-treatment system warranty $995
- Rand McNally: OverDryve 8 Pro ($600) & one year Sirius/XM subscription $260
- Roadworks: Gift certificate: 3 sets of Roadworks detail products, sun visor, trim $300
- Sunrise Bedding/The Pillow Topper: mattress topper $125
- Travel Centers of America/Petro Stopping Centers: First fuel tank fill and platinum loyalty status for one year $1,000
- Velvac: Road IQ Connected Vehicle Vision Platform $3,500
- Wired Truck: Omnitracs IVG unit $1,900
- Arrow Truck Sales: 2014 Volvo VNL670 $55,000
In total, the truck is worth $75,000.
“We are thrilled to hand over the keys to Tiffany, who has been an advocate for women in the trucking industry by mentoring and supporting the women and men at Prime, Inc.,” Voie said. “This is truly the chance of a lifetime, thanks to Arrow Truck Sales and their very generous donation.”
In other WIT news, Voie mentioned the introduction of Clare, a brand new WIT plush doll. The doll will soon be available on Amazon and at TA/Petro Stopping Centers. WIT has also introduced a Girl Scout transportation patch. To date, more than 1,000 Girl Scouts have earned the transportation patch. Numerous troops across North America have been able to see a truck close up and learn about careers as drivers, managers and other roles in transportation, according to a WIT news release.