I-71, I-75 weigh station/rest areas in Kentucky to close temporarily
April 29, 2019
Kentucky will be doing work on Interstate 71 southbound, which will result in weigh station and rest area closures. The Kentucky Transportation Cabinet is getting the word out to truckers in order for them to plan and reroute as needed.
According to KYTC, the state will begin work on pavement repairs, resurfacing, curb/sidewalk improvements at the I-71 southbound weigh station, and the I-71/I75 southbound and northbound rest areas in Boone County. This will require the following temporary weigh station and rest area closures:
- I-71 southbound weigh station is scheduled to be closed at 7 a.m. on April 29 and reopen on at 7 a.m. May 3.
- I-75 southbound rest area is scheduled to be closed at 8 p.m. on May 6 and will reopen at 8 a.m. on May 10. The right lane of
- I-71/I-75 will be closed from 8 p.m. on May 9 to at 11 a.m. on May 10 for rest area ramp work.
- I-75 northbound rest area is scheduled to be closed at 8 p.m. on May 13 and will reopen at 8 a.m. on May 17. The right lane of
- I-71/I-75 is scheduled to be closed from 7 p.m., May 16, to 5 a.m., May 17, for rest area ramp work.