Congressman decries minimum insurance increase for rail while promoting one for trucking.
OOIDA has been fighting any attempts to increase truckers’ minimum insurance rates. Even better, OOIDA is not alone.
Liability insurance availability was a problem before – and risk retention groups were the solution.
Before lawmakers finish crafting the next highway bill, OOIDA attempts to push them away from measures harmful to truckers.
Improving the nation’s infrastructure is a priority for Republicans and Democrats, but they disagree over the size and scope of investments.
A coalition that includes OOIDA asked lawmakers to make a significant investment in the nation’s roads and bridges
OOIDA speaks out on technological failures that led to extension of medical examiner rule deadline.
A federal worker classification final rule to create an “economic reality” test for independent contractors was formally rescinded in May.
Big Trucking pushes for hair drug testing method despite plethora of concerns.
The new administration marks shift in climate change policies.
State legislators in seven statehouses are taking action intended to eliminate policing for profit via schemes such as ticket quotas.
State lawmakers in three states pursue rule changes they hope will result in more limited use of the left lane on highways.
A Connecticut legislative panel has taken the first step to adopt a Transportation Climate Initiative that could raise fuel rates.
California trucking group reviews next steps after Ninth Circuit rules to end AB5 injunction.
Toll program repealed by the Florida Legislature but leaves two of three toll projects intact.
In the June 2021 edition of Land Line Magazine's State Watch - find the latest trucking-related bills in Alabama, Michigan and more.
A lot is happening in the world of truck parking, and most of it is actually good news.
The OOIDA Mary Johnston Scholarship Fund 2021 winners are; Jewell Cox, Colten Ballard, Jayden Hensley, Garrett Bennett and Kaden de Jong.
The Canadian Council of Motor Transport Administrators announced in May that its ELD mandate won’t be enforced with penalties until June 2022.
OOIDA’s spring board meeting breaks down the top agenda items heading into a busy congressional season.
The economic outlook for trucking looks bright, the chief economist for Commerce Trust told the OOIDA Board of Directors in April.
The Mid-America Trucking Show honors OOIDA President Todd Spencer as part of the truck show’s Wall of Fame.
OOIDA's Truck to Success course helps place truckers on the correct path.
In This Issue:
- Railroading truckers into higher insurance costs?
- OOIDA not alone in minimum insurance fight
- Everything old is new again
- Setting the stage
- Infrastructure plans – a race to the middle
- Invest in roads and bridges, coalition says
- ‘Simply unacceptable’
- Department of Labor formally withdraws worker classification rule
- Analysis: The long and short of it
- What could stricter emission standards mean for truckers?
- Bills look at ending ticket quotas
- States aim to limit use of left lane
- Connecticut moves closer to joining regional climate pact
- ‘Any and all legal steps’
- M-CORES no more
- State Watch – June 2021
- Truck parking issues remain busy in 2021
- OOIDA scholarship winners try to live by example set by trucking family members
- Canada ELD mandate won’t result in penalties until June 2022
- A packed agenda
- Sunny days ahead for the economy
- OOIDA’s Spencer nominated for MATS Wall of Fame
- Building blocks for success
- ‘I love trucking’
- Top tier
- Having someone in your corner’s good
- You either know ‘YoYo’ or wish you did
- 39th annual Shell Rotella SuperRigs set for July 29-31
- Road Block
- A trucking tribute
- Mafia Secrets – June 2021
- OOIDA on the Road – June 2021
- Memory Lane – June 2021
- Dashboard Confidential – June 2021
- Slight Detour – June 2021
- Roses & Razzberries – June 2021
The second annual Women in Trucking Driver of the Year award was presented to Nikki Weaver, a company driver for FedEx Freight.
OOIDA members earn prestigious Citizen Driver award for 2021.
Longtime company driver Marty Ellis says he’s glad to be part of something larger than himself as skipper of OOIDA’s tour trailer.
Driving a truck is all she ever wanted to do.
SuperRigs, the premiere show truck competition sponsored by Shell Rotella, returns to live and in person this year in Hampshire, Ill.
Trucker helps law enforcement end high-speed chase
John Schneider, known for his role on the TV show “Dukes of Hazzard,” recently released an album as a tribute to the trucking industry.
A mega-sharp 2007 Freightliner
Trucker issues bring together drivers of varying opinions.
The history of trucking: Schneider ushers in age of ‘Big Brother.’
What a long pre-trip it’s been.
On hitchhikers, teamwork and ‘The Roadkill Café'
We have roses for a friend moving on, a heroic truck driver, and a federal agency helping crack down on noncompliant border-crossing trucks.
Do your homework before entering the market.
Three OOIDA members share their insights on what it takes to be successful in the dump truck and excavating segment of trucking.
Peterbilt 579 boasts a large digital dash, increased fuel efficiency.
Kenworth Truck Co. recently announced an extensive redesign of its midrange lineup that includes a larger cab, new noses, and upgraded interiors.
There are many websites offering 2290 services, but are they trustworthy?
Check out the latest truck products for your rig.